Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Cars, Service Stations, and Clothes

Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Mashíyyat (Will), 170 BE - Wednesday, October 2, 2013 about 7:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time

This afternoon I was driving back from my grief counseling meeting when my car stalled. I stopped at the corner of Desert Inn and South Eastern for the light, when I went to turn north on Eastern the car stalled. This is the first time it has did that in a long time, I suspect it may have something to do with the amount of gas in my tank. Unfortunately, I cannot get any gas until my Social Security check hits my bank account. I expect the money to be deposited in my account on Thursday or Friday.

I have enough gas in the tank to get me to a service station, if I go to the one on the corner of South Eastern and East Sahara. I will use my debit card to pay for the gas, I have used my debit card at that station before. That is a full service station, if I chose to use that service bay. Since I need to have the transmission fluid and the tires checked, I think I will use the full service bay.

I should get the tank fill so that I do not have to worry about gas for the rest of the month. The Kia is easy on gas and I do not drive the car very much any more. Still it will cost about fifty dollars to fill the entire tank. I know that does not sound like much, but I am on a fixed income. If I fill the tank then I have to put off shopping for clothes this month. If I do not have gas in the tank then I cannot go anywhere, so it does not matter if I have anything nice to wear around the house.

I will get the gas instead of the clothes. I have two dresses that I can wear in public, all though there are a couple of things I desperately need. I also need to have my hair cut, but I will have to put that and the clothes shopping off until November. Oh well, that is the way life goes sometimes.

No comments: