Sunday, October 06, 2013

An Interesting Request

Jamál (Beauty), 9 Mashíyyat (Will), 170 BE - Sunday, October 5, 2013 about 9:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I had an interesting request this morning, a man knocked at my door and ask if he could have one of the limbs that are lying in my front yard. The limbs were cut off the pine tree a couple of weeks ago and are still waiting for someone to carry them away. I told the man he could have the limb, I did not ask what he was going to do with it because it was none of my business. I glad to have one of limbs gone because it means one less item for me to deal with.

This close to Halloween, I suspect he wanted it for some type of yard decoration. People in this neighborhood are starting to decorate for Halloween. The neighbors across the street have a jack o' lantern grinning from their front window. I suppose a dead tree limb would make a interesting and possibly scary or spooky yard decoration.

I do not decorate for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, but I like to see how other people decorate for those holidays. One of my fondest Christmas memories is driving around looking at the yard decorations on the weekends before or after Christmas. Since I do not get out much at night, the only yard decorations I see are those in my neighborhood.

No comments: