Friday, February 08, 2013

An Osteoarthritis Morning in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 2 Mulk (Dominion), 146 B.E. - Friday, February 8, 2013 about 8:35 A.M. Pacific Time

an arctic wind blows
the bright sun cast dark shadows
no birds are singing

It's an osteoarthritis  morning, my knees are stiff so I walk like a zombie. When I went outside for the paper the wind chilled me to the bone. It's the type of day I would like to remain indoors, but that isn't possible. I have to take some items to the storage unit this afternoon which means I have to load them into the car here and unload them at the storage unit.

The loading and unloading isn't going to help my knees. The last load I took was on Wednesday, I didn't take a load Thursday because my back hurt; I must have strained it on Wednesday. I will load the car after I have breakfast and decide whether I'm going to take a pain pill before I go to the storage unit or waiting until I get home.

I may wait until I return home because if I feel today the way I did Wednesday then I will want a nap. I have difficulty sleeping when I'm in pain, so the medication will do me more good when I get home. I don't like to take pain medication unless it's absolutely necessary. My doctor advised against taking the medication unless I was in extreme pain.

No comments: