Saturday, February 02, 2013

A Visit to the Cemetery

Jalál (Glory), 15 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 169 B.E. - Saturday, February 2, 2013 about 1:40 P.M. Pacific Time

I went to the cemetery this morning to see Mom's headstone. It is a beautiful rose or reddish colored stone with roses engraved on it. Mama liked roses. Mama like red. Mama was my inspiration. Mama was my life for several years. I miss Mama.

The cemetery, where Mom is buried, is on South Eastern Avenue. The plot is located on the west side of the cemetery near Eastern, but not close enough to the street for traffic to be distracting when I visit the grave. I think the stone is beautiful. I know Mom would like it  and I am sure she would like the location of  the plot.

Next time I go, I think I will take some roses. I am not sure whether they will be living roses or silk roses. I am not sure it matter which type I put on the grave because flowers are there to bring comfort to the living and to decorate the grave. There are evergreen trees scattered throughout the cemetery, so there are living plants enhancing the cemetery's tranquility.

No comments: