Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Midweek Reflections: On old habits

‘Idál (Justice), 7 Mulk (Dominion), 169 B.E. - Wednesday, February 13, 2013 about 10:25 P.M. Pacific Time

I realized sometime late last night or early this morning, that I no longer have to be back to the house by 2:30 P.M. While Mom was alive, I had to be back home by that time, but not any more. However, I am still in the mental habit of thinking I have to do all my business and driving in the morning because I need to be turning into the driveway by 2:30 P.M.

The necessity to be back home by a specific time meant I had to leave the house between 9:30 and 10:00 A.M. If I had more then one stop to make or had to drive across town then I had to leave between 8:30 and 9:00 A.M. I do not have that restriction anymore; however, I seem to still think that way. So today, I am going to leave the house between 11:30 A.M. and Noon.

I know it is difficult to break old habits, but I am going to attempt to break this one. It may not be easy and I may want to check the time on my cell phone every twenty or thirty minutes. I can overcome this habit by putting my cell phone in my purse instead of laying it on the seat or wearing it around my neck. I am looking forward to trying something new. I am looking forward to pulling myself out of my rut.





No comments: