Sunday, February 10, 2013

A late winter afternoon in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 4 Mulk (Dominion), 169 BE – Sunday, February 10, 2013 about 5:10 P.M. Pacific Time

the charcoal gray clouds
and a cold wind is blowing
then the sun peeks out

I am looking forward to spring and warmer days. I have turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees. I would like to turn it down lower, but I cannot deal with colder temperatures. As it is, the arthritis bothers me; it is a dull pain in my joints. I have not taken a pain pill because the pain is dull and it is not continuous.

the sun is setting
behind charcoal and white clouds
a cold wind blowing

The wind feels cold to me, but I do not think it is as cold as it feels. The clouds make it seem colder. Clouds covered the sky most of the day and now sunset approaches. I have not checked the weather today, so I cannot say what the temperature is in Las Vegas. I know we do not have snow, so it cannot be as cold it feels to me.

my thermostat
my body’s temperature gauge
has not worked in years

I think it feels cold to me because my body’s thermostat does not work properly. It has been several years since I felt comfortable in winter. I used to like the winder, but now I prefer spring and fall temperatures. As I have said before, getting old is not for wimps.

No comments: