Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Weather

‘Idál (Justice), 14 Mulk (Dominion), 169 B.E. - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 about 6:50 A.M. Pacific Time

According to weather.com the temperature in Las Vegas will be in the high fifties with A.M. showers. I can remember when the only way to get the daily weather forecast was to turn on the television or radio and listen to the news. Now I can find out the weather for Las Vegas or any other part of the country or the world by turning on my computer and going to a website.

I also checked the weather across the country, especially in the central plains. The weather map of that area indicated snow for Kansas and norther Oklahoma. My father's family lives in Kansas, while Mom's relatives live in northern Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Blackwell, Oklahoma, which is close to the Kansas border. I can remember snow storm from my childhood that closed roads and caused brown outs.

I think, the snow storms I remember took place around Christmas or New Year and not in late February. Of course, that was a long time ago and I was a child. Children remember snow storms and bad weather conditions different from the way adults remember them. Still, I think the weather patterns and conditions have change a great deal since I was a child.

No comments: