Friday, February 01, 2013

Is it really February already?

Istiqlál (Independence), 14 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 169 B.E. - Friday, February 1, 2013 about 6:20 A.M. Pacific Time

Is it February already? It seems like just yesterday most of the world celebrated a new Gregorian year, with fireworks lighting up the sky over almost every large city in the world. At midnight, 2012 passed and 2013 was born. Many people made New Year resolutions and, if they could, took a day off work.

It is February 1st, one-twelfth of 2013 is gone, but where did it go. January passed like a blink of the eye. Now it the time for each individual to ask the question "What did I accomplish in January of 2013?" I know I am asking myself that question. I look at the calendar date and realize that that Naw-Ruz, March 21st, is approaching. At sunset on Naw-Ruz, 169 B.E. will become 170 B.E. and I look at everything I wanted to accomplish before Naw-Ruz. Then I ask myself, What have I accomplished to date? Then I realize I need to work a little harder to accomplish the important things before Naw-Ruz.

No comments: