Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Midweek Reflections: Closing out July’s Books


‘Idál (Justice), 1 Kamál (Perfection), 169 BE – Wednesday, August 1, 2012 about 5:15 PM Pacific Time

Wednesday, August 01, 2012, time to close out July’s books and see if everything balances. It is the middle of the week and the first day of a new month. I stayed home today; I try to remain in the house on either the first day or the last day of a month. The reason is to close out the books and make the mortgage payment.

I went to the mortgage company’s website earlier today and set the payment up to come out of the bank account. Now all I have to do is close out last month’s books, which under normal conditions is not difficult; especially if I check the bank accounts at least every other day and put all the cash payments in the spreadsheet on the day I make them.

The only thing I did differently this month is to wait until afternoon to close July’s books. Normally, I do that in the mornings, today I decided to do it in the afternoon because this morning was somewhat hectic. I do not work online or on important documents until after Mom is bathed, dressed, and off to the daycare center.

This morning I wrote and posted to some items to challenges on writing.com. This afternoon, I am more relaxed and ready to work on the books. I do not like doing the financial books I have to do them. I follow my own system and it seems to work all right. Most of the time everything balance and when it does not balance then I know the problem is a cash outlay I forgot to enter.

No comments: