Thursday, August 09, 2012

Cleaning out my car in the Las Vegas heat


Istijlál (Majesty), 9 Kamál (Perfection), 169 BE – Thursday, August 9, 2012 about 1:50 PM Pacific Time

I carried two empty plastic juice bottles and two empty food cans to the recyclable bins in the garage. I held the bottles and cans against me with my left arm while I unlocked the security screen using my right hand. As soon as I opened the door the heat sucked all the energy from my body, but I pushed on because I could not leave empty food containers in the kitchen.

In the garage, I put the items into the blue recyclable bin and then opened the driver’s side front door. I need to get some things out of the car and begin cleaning the car out so I can take it to the carwash on Monday. I cannot have it washed until I talk all the trash and stuff out of the car. Since I do not deal well with the heat any more, it will take me all weekend to get everything out of the car.

Leaning across the bucket seat, I unlocked the passenger side door. After I walked around to the passenger side, I realized that the backseat door was unlocked. I thought I locked that door last week, but apparently, I did not. I am going to have to watch that because I do not like driving around Las Vegas with my car doors unlocked.

I removed a long, black wool winter coat from the backseat floor. The coat has been in my car since December of 2011. It has been in my possession since spring of 1998, at least I think that was when I bought it. I have not worn it in at least ten years. It is too hot for this Las Vegas, even in winter and the pockets and lining are torn. Anyway, after looking at it and realizing that I was not going to fix it I decided to throw it away.

I threw the coat away, brought a sheet and a pair of socks in the house. I also folded a winter blanket and laid it in the backseat. As soon as I find the other two winter blankets, I will take them to the laundromat. As soon as I recover from that trip to the garage, I will go out again and see what else I can take out of the car. It is so hot that it is going to take me all weekend to clean the car out. I just cannot handle the heat well anymore.


No comments: