Monday, August 06, 2012

Monday Musings on Spider Solitaire


Kamál (Perfection), 6 Kamál (Perfection), 169 BE – Monday, August 6, 2012 about 2:40 PM Pacific Time

When I bought this computer, never mind how long ago, it came with several games. One of those games was Spider Solitaire. When I first started playing the game, I didn’t dislike or like it. After playing it several times I began to enjoy the game which lead to me liking it and this is the problem. I think I enjoy the game too much because it interferes with other things I want to do online. Sometime it even interferes with my writing.

I try to avoid playing the game, but sometimes the temptation is too strong and I waste hours. If I didn’t have other things to do then it wouldn’t be a waste of time, but since I have other things to do such as writing and it takes away for that time then playing spider solitaire is a waste of time.

I have considered the option of uninstalling the game, but I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to uninstall a game I enjoy because of an issue with my will power. It isn’t the games fault that I use it as a means of procrastination. I suppose the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have a problem.

I think I need to sit a time limit when I play spider. If I sit a time limit then I can use the oven timer I have next to my computer. Normally, I use the timer for timed writing, but it would work just as well to limit the time I play spider.

No comments: