Saturday, August 18, 2012

Watermelon and a Blueberry Muffin for Breakfast


Jalál (Glory), 18 Kamál (Perfection), 169 BE – Friday-Saturday, August 8, 2012 about 9:45 AM Pacific Time

It’s Saturday and Mom is home all day. I have to make sure that she eats; the problem is finding things she likes that she can eat. I don’t worry about her low fiber diet any more because I have to watch her salt intake closer then her fiber intake. Mom’s feet swell, which means she retains water and salt helps her retain water. She can’t take a water pill because it lowers her blood pressure.

This morning we had watermelon and a blueberry muffin for breakfast. I give her the watermelon for her first breakfast. The watermelon filled her up and she didn’t want anything else after the watermelon. When she said she was hungry again, I warmed up the muffin. She ate the muffin and then took the rest of her morning medication.

I still have half the watermelon left, but I think I’ll wait and fix that on Sunday. The rest of the day, she needs to eat something low in salt and to drink more water. I have some potatoes, squash, and eggs in the refrigerator. I think I’ll fix the potatoes and eggs for lunch and then I only have to worry about what to give Mom to eat the rest of the day. The problem is that Mom doesn’t eat very much at one time, but she wants to eat when she gets hungry rather then at specific time.

No comments: