Monday, August 20, 2012

Cantaloupe in Las Vegas


Kamál (Perfection), 1 Asmá’ (Names), 169 BE – Monday, August 20, 2012 about 1:55 PM Pacific Time

Sweet cold cantaloupe
Brings back childhood memories
Of Grandpa’s garden

When I picked up the vegetables and fruit from the Farmers Market last Wednesday, one of the bags had a cantaloupe. I put it in the refrigerator so it could get cold. I cut it up and peeled it today and then, before putting it back into the refrigerator I tasted it. It was delicious and brought back memories from my childhood.

My Grandfather planted a garden every year. One of the things he planted was cantaloupe. I remember waiting impatiently for the cantaloupe to grow and ripen so that we could eat it. This afternoon, when Mom comes from the daycare center she will have a couple of slices. I know she will enjoy it, even if she does not remember Grandpa’s garden; she will enjoy eating the cantaloupe.



No comments: