Monday, August 27, 2012

Upcoming Holiday: Labor Day


Kamál (Perfection), 8 Asmá’ (Names), 169 BE – Monday, August 27, 2012 about 11:25 AM Pacific Time

Labor Day, observed the first Monday in September, falls on September 3 this year. Labor Day is a Federal Holiday and there will be no postal delivery. In addition, the banks, Federal, and state offices are closed. Labor Day celebrates the contributions of workers.

I am trying to remember how we celebrated Labor Day when I was a child. I know we didn’t go to school that day. I think my mother worked because she was a food server and the restaurant where she worked remained open. I don’t think my grandfather worked that day, so I suppose we stayed at my grandparents house.

The weather in Oklahoma was warm and summery on Labor Day. I believe Grandpa took us to the Lake on Friday every after school let out or on Saturday morning. At the Lake, we swim, fished, water skied, and played. Grandpa had a garden, so we also worked in the garden.

On Labor Day, the daycare center Mom attends is closed. Since Mom is home all day, I have to figure out what to fix for our breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also need to find something to keep Mom busy and her mind occupied. I’ll figure out something between now and then.


No comments: