Saturday, October 01, 2011

Keeping a Food Diary for my Mother

Jalál (Glory), 5 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Saturday, October 1, 2011 about 4:31 PM Pacific Time

Yesterday, I thought I would create a daily menu for October; however, I have changed my mind. I am going to keep a food diary for Mom and myself. There was an issue with Mom this morning and I am not precisely sure what caused it. I suspect the hot cakes we ate this morning caused the problem. However, I am not sure whether it was the hot cakes or the oil used to cook them.

I did not give her any margarine, but she did have syrup on them. Anyway, I will keep a food diary for the rest of October and see what causes the problem. Since I am keeping a diary for Mom, I may as well keep one for myself.

For lunch, we ate frozen dinners, which contained peas, meat, and potatoes. For dinner, we will have rice (cooked with shrimp bullion) and green beans. I am adding any meat to the rice because we have canned chicken and I do not want to use anything else that has salt.

Mom retains water (which was not the issue this morning) and her feet swell. Since a water pill lowers her blood pressure, she cannot take water pills.

No comments: