Saturday, October 15, 2011

An interesting Saturday in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 19 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Saturday, October 15, 2011 about 5:25 PM Pacific Time

It has been an interesting and frustrating Saturday. The frustrating concerned my computer this morning. I am not sure what caused the problem, but it seems to have cleared this afternoon. This morning the computer slowed down and I had to reboot several times because the CPU kept running at 100%. Because of the frustration I am tired and behind completing online work. This means staying up late tonight and tomorrow night completing work.

The interesting part of the day concerned my mother. This morning Mom was happy and singing or humming. She was singing “Yankee Doodle” and humming a John Philips Sousa piece, but I am not sure of the title. This afternoon Mom was crying. I have no idea why she cried because she never tells me. Actually, she does not know why she is crying.

I ask Mom why she is crying and she always says, “I don’t know” or “I’m not crying.” The reasons concern the Alzheimer’s disease and I suspect she forgets why she is crying. If I have a choice, I would rather she were singing. I suspect the reason Mom cries concerns her belief that her parents are still alive.

No comments: