Sunday, October 23, 2011

At 3:05 AM October 23, 2011

Jamál (Beauty), 8 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Sunday, October 23, 2011 about 11:55 AM Pacific Time

At 3:05 AM, I heard someone walking down the hall. I got up to see if I had left the door unlock, but instead of an intruder, I found Mom in the living room. I managed to convince her to go into the bathroom and change her cloths. Then we went back into the living room so that I could start giving her, her morning medication.

I convinced her to take the first pill and then began my day. After she took the pill, I went into the kitchen. Instead of taking my second pill of the morning, I started a carafe of coffee and then got us each two slices of pound cake. I did not realize until a few minutes ago that I forgot to take my pill. Getting old is not for wimps.

Since Mom got out of bed at 3:05 AM, I did not get my morning shower taken. It is a good thing I took a shower last night before going to bed. I took a shower last night because my psoriasis was itching and burning. I put baking soda on a washcloth and used that on my psoriasis. I did think the baking soda helped much last night, but this morning the psoriasis feels better and itches less.

In fact, Mom got up so early that I did not get a chance to do many things I planned to accomplish this morning. If Mom is going to get up early on the weekends, I have to rearrange my morning chores and activities so that I can do them in the evening.

No comments: