Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Gave the Cats to Becky

‘Idál (Justice), 16 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Wednesday, October 12, 2011 about 6:55 PM

Due to physical and financial, I could not continue to take care of both Mom and the cats. Therefore, with the help of my brother, I took the cats the animal shelter earlier this year. When Mom first noticed that they were gone, I told her I took them to the Vet and they had to stay there for a while. That seemed to satisfy Mom at the time.

Recently Mom asked, “Where are the cats?”

My reply, “I gave them to Becky.” I explained to Mom that Becky wanted some cats to keep her cat company and that satisfied Mom. I do not know a Becky, but apparently, Mom has known someone by that name because it satisfied her.

Because of the Alzheimer’s disease and short-term memory issues Mom usually forgets that we had cats. When she does remember it is unwise to tell her that I took them to the Animal Shelter because she will get angry. This forces me to come up with plausible explanations that will satisfy her when she asks the question. Fortunately, she does not ask the question vary often.

No comments: