Saturday, October 08, 2011

Saturday is Trash pick up day

Jalál (Glory), 12 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Saturday, October 8, 2011 about 4:48 PM Pacific Time

Saturday is trash collection day in my neighborhood and I did not get the trashcan rolled to the curb this morning. This is the second time this week that I missed or forgot to roll the trashcan to the curb. Wednesday was also trash collection day on Bracken Avenue.

It is all right to miss one day, but missing two days is a problem. I now have to make sure that there is no fifty plus pounds of trash in my trashcan. I do not remember why I missed rolling the trash to the curb on Wednesday, but today I was involved in getting Mom up and dressed. I also had breakfast to fix for her. I think the breakfast part of the morning was the issue.

Perhaps the best solution is to roll the can to the curb the night before. This means that Tuesday and Friday evenings I have to roll the can to the curb. I do not like doing this because there is always the chance of a stray dog running loose in the neighborhood.

Normally the only animals that run loose in this neighborhood are the cats. Most people keep their dogs on leashes or behind fences, so it is unlikely that a neighborhood dog would knock over the trashcan, but there is always the possibility of a stray coming into the neighborhood. However, I think I will start taking the trashcan to the curb the night before trash collection day.

No comments: