Monday, October 17, 2011

The price of peanut butter

Kamál (Perfection), 2 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Monday, October 17, 2011 about 3:20 PM Pacific Time

The price of peanut butter is increasing. I don’t suppose it should surprise me because everything, except my income is going up. If the price rises too much, I may have to stop buying peanut butter. I’m not happy about it, but I’m not sure there is anything else I can do. Mom and I live on a fixed income, which means we’re living close to the bone all the time.

The majority of our money goes for other things besides food. Peanut butter is one of Mom’s favorite foods. Mom could make an entire meal of peanut butter and crackers. I don’t know what I’m going to tell Mom if I have to take peanut butter off the menu.

I like peanut butter myself. If I stop eating it then the peanut butter will last longer. That may be one solution. I buy the peanut butter for Mom, instead of buying it for Mom and me. I will miss eating it, but I can get buy with something else. I can eat grape jelly sandwiches, I don’t have to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I will miss them; however, I don’t see any other solution to the problem.

No comments: