Monday, October 24, 2011

Rice, Canned Chicken, and Green Beans

Kamál (Perfection), 9 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Monday, October 24, 2011 about 3:40 PM

Today I fixed rice, canned chicken, and green beans. I mixed the green beans with the other ingredients because it had only 2 grams of dietary fiber. Since Mom is going to eat this for her supper, I had to make sure it had the least amount of dietary fiber.

Mom is on a low fiber diet, which means she can have no more then 3 grams of fiber in a meal. The rice and chicken have very little or no fiber, so this is a good mean for a weekday afternoon.

I mixed one can of chicken and one can of green beans with the rice. I am not sure how many cups of rice because the casserole dish I used already had rice in it. When I cooked the package of rice, I flavored it with one shrimp bullion cube. Since the cube contained a great deal of salt, I did not want to use more then one. I am not sure what size package of rice I used; I had enough rice to fill two medium casserole dishes.

All right, that may not be the best way to cook rice, but that is how I do it. This way I only have to cook rice once a week. I cook the rice and then I decide what to add to it for our meals the rest of the week; it saves time and energy.

No comments: