Saturday, September 25, 2010

One-Third can of coffee left

Jalál (Glory), 18 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Saturday, September 25, 2010 about 1:11 PM Pacific Time

I am almost out of coffee. I have one-third of a can left with five days left in September. I bought a large can, which contained 34.5 oz., which seems like lot of coffee. This is not very much coffee to a person to makes two percolators a day.

Making coffee in a percolator is different then making coffee in a drip coffee maker. When I use a percolator, I use 9 or 10 tablespoons of coffee, but when I use a drip machine, I put only 4 or 5 tablespoons in the basket. The amount of coffee I use depends on the grind and the type of coffee I buy. If i grind the beans myself, I use less coffee then if the beans are already ground.

This morning I made fresh coffee and then went out. When I came back home I added the coffee I had leftover from yesterday to the pot. Of course, I removed the used grounds first because a percolator makes coffee stronger if you leave the grounds in the basket.. If I am fortunate, I will have enough coffee for the rest of the month. This month I do not have whole beans as a backup; therefore, when I run out of coffee I have to drink tea. Tea is good, but it is a poor substitute for coffee.

No comments: