Saturday, September 18, 2010

Battle of the hearing Aid

Jalál (Glory), 11 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Saturday, September 18, 2010 about 11:06 AM Pacific Time

Mom has decided that she does not need a hearing aid. She believes the problem is wax build up not hearing difficulties. Mom will not put the hearing aid in her own ear and she does not want me to put it in her ear. As a result, I have to be extremely careful about putting the hearing aid in her ear.

The hearing aid is one of those that talks when it needs a battery. I change the battery on the first day of every week. Tomorrow is Sunday time to change the battery. I, also, suspect I may have to hide the case when Mom is not wearing the hearing. Mom finds the case, opens it up, and looks inside. When she closes the case, she also manages to close the door to the battery compartment, which causes the battery to wear out sooner then expected.

The hearing aid makes a noise when the battery compartment is closed and the hearing aid is not in Mom's ear. I hear the noise, I open the case, and I open the battery compartment. I have decided to put the hearing aid case on my computer desk, where Mom cannot find it. I hate the idea of hiding it from Mom, but I have no other choice.

I wish Mom would put the hearing aid in her own ear; however, she refuses. I know Mom hears better with the aid in her ear because she hear the fridge running and other background noises. I cannot convince Mom she needs the hearing aid and because she has Alzheimer's disease she gets angry when I try. I put the hearing aid in her ear and go on with my day.

1 comment:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now and decided I should send a link to my closest Baha'i friends, fifteen souls, most in the U.S. but one in the UK and one in Japan :-)