Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another difficult day Alzheimer’s Day

Fidál (Grace), 7 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Tuesday, September 14, 2010 about 12:06 AM Pacific Time

It’s another difficult day and I’m not sure what caused the problem today. I took Mom to the doctor’s office this morning for a vitamin B shot, she wasn’t angry all the time we were out of the house. Before we left the house, she was angry and after we returned, Mom got angry again. All the time we were out, Mom wasn’t angry.

I suspect part of the problem could be that Mom was off her the Galantamine for a couple of day. However, I don’t think that is the entire issue. I swept and mopped the kitchen floor last night, which Mom has planned to do for a couple of weeks. I made the mistake of doing it while she was awake. I won’t make that mistake again.

I will clean house after Mom goes to bed. That way she can’t get angry with me for doing “her job”. The problem is that Mom wants to clean the entire house, but she wants to do it “tomorrow”. Unfortunately, tomorrow never comes.

Mom did clean the cat litter today, which was nice because now I don’t have to clean it tonight. Since Mom cleaned the cat litter, I can do something else. Perhaps I should sweep the dining room, kitchen, and breakfast room tonight and then mop them tomorrow night.

It would be nice if I could get Mom out of the house during the day, so that I could mop in the daytime instead of at night. The Blind Center is putting together basket in October; if I could get Mom to go there, I could do a good job mopping the floors. I don’t think this is a good time to bring that subject up; I’ll wait until Mom is in a better mood.

No comments: