Sunday, August 08, 2010

Researching my Mother's medications

Jamál (Beauty), 8 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Sunday, August 8, 2010 about 12:58 PM Pacific Time

My mother has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, August 10, at 8:00 AM; we need to be there by 7:45 AM. This means I have to get everything I need to take with me the night before, because if I do not assemble everything I need then I will forget something important. I also have to write down everything that I want to ask the doctor, so tonight and tomorrow I am researching a couple of Mom's medications.

Mom has Alzheimer's disease and the medication the doctor prescribed is Galantamine. I think the medication is helping, but I am not sure so I have to research to see if I need to ask the doctor any questions about it and other Alzheimer's treatments. Mom has doctor appointments about every three or four months and it is easier to ask the doctor questions at an appointment then between appointments.

The other medications Mom takes are Sertraline (which is due for a refill) Fludrocortisone, an Spironolactone (a water pill). I am researching them in the order listed. The tablets appear to work, but it does not hurt to do a little research before we go to the doctor on Tuesday.

No comments: