Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 12 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Tuesday, August 31, 2010 about 12:36 PM Pacific Time

It's Tuesday afternoon and I'm thinking about lunch. I fixed buttermilk waffles for breakfast, but I didn't make them from scratch. Instead, I used the frozen waffles and the toaster. I toasted two waffles for Mom and two for me. I put peanut butter on Mom's waffles and butter with jelly on mine.

I'm worried about Mom because she doesn't seem to want to do anything for herself. She just sits on the couch or the love seat and talks about cleaning house, but that's all she does. I'm sure it has something to do with the Alzheimer's disease. Mom just sits and waits for me to fix the meals. I know she can fix her own sandwiches, but today she doesn't seem to want to do even that. I'm going to attempt to get her to sift the cat litter this afternoon.

This morning, I ask her to sift the cat litter and she got angry. Mom may think she already sifted it, but I can tell just by looking at the litter boxes that she didn't clean them. If Mom doesn't clean them this afternoon, then I will take care of them after she goes to bed because if I sift them while she is awake she will get angry because "I'm doing her job".

I have to start lunch now because I'm fixing squash and canned chicken. I have some leg quarters in the freezer, but I don't want to fix them until Thursday or Friday. September's budget is going to be bit tight because of the power bill, but we'll get by.

No comments: