Friday, August 20, 2010

The Feast of Names

Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Friday, August 20, 2010 about 4:47 PM Pacific Time

Last night, Mom and I attended the Feast of Asmá’ (Names). Before we went to the Feast, I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up Mom's medication and a couple of bottles of Arizona Iced Tea. After we left the pharmacy, we went to the Feast. The sun was shining almost directly into my eyes as I drove west on Charleston, so I missed my turn and had to take a slightly different route to the house where the Feast of Names was held, but we arrived safely at the Feast location.

Mom enjoys going to the nineteen-day feast. Her favorite parts of the Feast are the spiritual portion and the social portion. The hostess severed strawberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream. Mom ate two bowls and drink coffee. I had forgotten how good homemade whipped cream tastes. I am going to have to make some whipped cream myself.

Mom slept well last night; she did not wake up crying because of a bad dream. Mom always sleeps well after we attend the Feast.

No comments: