Sunday, February 21, 2010

Making Lemonade – Part 1

Jamál (Beauty), 15 Mulk (Dominion), 166 BE – Sunday, February 21, 2010 about 1:03 PM Pacific Time

Life isn't easy and I don't think it's meant to be easy because in this world we develop spiritual attributes. These spiritual attributes cloth a person's soul (spirit) when the physical body dies and the soul ascends to the next world. Each individual encounters tests and difficulties during his or her lifetime in this world. These tests and difficulties help strengthen the spiritual attributes, which go with the soul when it separates from the physical body.

Sometimes it seems instead of encountering one test or difficulty at a time a person encounters an entire orchard of them. I'm walking through one of those orchards of test and difficulties now. I suspect I have an entire orchard of lemon trees (figuratively) planted in my backyard, so the only thing I can do now is make lemonade.

Sometimes I feel it's almost too much to deal with, but I don't think God tests a person beyond his or her capabilities. I think the best way to deal with this orchard of tests and difficulties is to take one tree (one test) at a time, which explains the title of this post. Over the next few day/weeks, I'm going to be looking at some of these test and difficulties on individual basis, all of which concern conditions many people confront at present or will confront in the near future.

No comments: