Tuesday, February 02, 2010

February looks like another cloudy month

In January, Las Vegas received more rain then in all of 2009. February looks like another cloudy month. I don't know if rain is predicted, the weather report I receive in my e-mail box didn't say anything about rain. The last couple of day there were high thin clouds covering the sky. These aren't the type of clouds that usually bring rain to Las Vegas, they just hide the sun and the blue sky.

Today is Ground Hog Day and I'm sure he didn't see his shadow. I haven't witnessed any patches of blue sky showing through the cloud cover. Of course, there aren't a lot of Ground Hogs in Las Vegas. We have desert turtles here, but I don't think Ground Hogs live in the area. This is a desert, despite the fact the we've had a lot of rain in the past few weeks; it's still a desert.

The flora and fauna in Las Vegas consist mostly of desert or mountain plants and animals. Any other types are transplants from other parts of the country. It takes a lot of work and water to keep non-native plants alive, the only exception to that is weeds. Weeds will grow anywhere in the country without difficulty.

No comments: