Sunday, February 28, 2010

What do I see from my window?

What do I see from my living room window? I see blue sky and clouds. I see the top of my garage roof. I see the wind bowing the limbs of the neighbor's trees.

This last day of February 2010 is windy, white fluffy or wisp of clouds move across the sky. The wind chill factor requires me to put on a ski jacket when I go outside. Since February is going out like a lion, does that mean March will come in like a lion?

The old saying goes, "If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb." That old saying does not mention February, the last full month of winter. The glory of March is the sun crossing vernal equinox. The beauty of March is new life, flowers and green leaves, warmer and longer days.

I look out my window and I see one of the neighbors walking her dog. She walks the dog every day. She walks him around two blocks and then returns home. She, I do not know her name; I call her the lady in the pink blouse because she always wears a pink blouse or a pink sweater. She wears a pair of dark slacks and a dark windbreaker.

Spring, winter, fall and summer she always takes the same route when she walks her large brown mixed breed dog. The dog always stops at the house on the corner to water desert plants. All right, we all know the dog does not stop to water the plants, he stops to mark his territory, but he always stops at the same house and marks the same plant.

No comments: