Thursday, February 04, 2010

I saw Snow on the Mountains this morning

Istijlál (Majesty), 17 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Thursday, February 4, 2010 about 4:23 PM Pacific Time

Mom and I went out this morning; as usual, I caught a red light on the corner of Oakey BLVD. and Maryland Parkway. While I was waiting for the light to change, I looked west toward the mountains and saw a dusting of snow covering them. This isn't surprising since it rained in the Las Vegas valley in January, this time of year rain in the valley usually means snow in the mountains.

I liked looking at the snow. In fact, I like looking at the snow much better then I like driving or playing in the snow. When I was a child I enjoyed playing in the snow, but now it's much nicer to be inside where it's warm and watch it snow. It's also nice to watch kids play in the snow, but I'd rather be indoors looking out at the snow.

The only time I see snow is when I look at the mountains and they're covered with snow. We haven't had snow in my Las Vegas neighborhood in several years. If I want to see snow close, I have to drive to the lodge on Mount Charleston. I don't think I'll plan that trip this year, but maybe next year.

No comments: