Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life is a learning experience

Fidál (Grace), 7 Qudrat (Power), 166 BE – Tuesday, November 10, 2009 about 5:24 AM Pacific Time

At 62, I am still learning. I decided to bundle my services with CenturyLink, the phone company in Las Vegas. I have telephone, with long distance, satellite TV and DSL. Someone installed the Satellite, which is with the DishNetwork, on November 2.

This morning when I got up, the receptor box was making an odd noise and the satellite would not come on. I called the 800 number and the young lady with customer service walked me through getting the box working again. It turned out all I had to do was reboot, that is unplug the box from the electricity and plugged it in again.

The satellite box comes with a built-in DVR, which I have not used yet. I will use the DVR to record Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Specials. I do not celebrate Christmas, but I do enjoy watching some of the Christmas Specials.

No comments: