Friday, November 13, 2009

Challenged Drivers in Las Vegas and Friday the Thirteenth

Istiqlál (Independence), 10 Qudrat (Power), 166 BE – Friday, November 13, 2009 about 3:10 PM Pacific Time

This is Friday, November 13; yes, it is Friday the Thirteenth. It is the last of three Friday the Thirteenths in 2009. I don't think there are any more or less challenged drivers on the streets of Las Vegas on Friday the Thirteenth then any other day of the week.

I encountered two challenged drivers today, which is one more then I normally encounter. I had to go pick up a bottle of meds this afternoon. I get my presumptions filled at the Food 4 Less pharmacy on Flamingo and Pacos. I was driving south on Eastern when I encounter my first challenged driver.

This person, I'm not sure if it was a man or woman so I can't gripe about male drivers. Any way this person suddenly decided to turn into my lane, fortunately the car behind me has as good a set of brakes as I did. I arrived at the Food 4 Less safely and got my prescription.

On the way back home I was going north on Eastern and encounter another challenged driver. This one seemed to think that the 45 miles per hour speed limit was the suggest speed rather then the posted speed. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that when driving in Las Vegas you need to be aware of the other cars as well as wearing your seat belt.

No comments: