Monday, April 20, 2009

I am allergic to my laundry soap

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Monday, April 20, 2009 about 7:10 AM Pacific Time

I am allergic to my laundry soap. I think I have written about this before, this is a different brand of detergent then before. However, the problem is the same. The laundry detergent has additives in it and I cannot use a powdered or liquid detergent with additives. I have to buy a detergent without additives of any type.

One of the problem, of course, is that my washing machine does not use two rinse cycles. Since I am not going to buy a machine with two rinse cycles, I have to buy a detergent without additives in it. I am also going to read the ingredients on the box or the bottle very carefully.

I remember, when I was a child my grandmother doing laundry. The first machine I remember her using was a wringer washing machine. She would wash the cloths, then she would run them through a wringer into the first rinse. Grandma had two huge washtubs she used to rinse the cloths. After she put them through the first rinse, she would then put them through the wringer again and into the second rinse.

I always thought Grandma used the second rinse because she used bluing to make the cloths whiter. Now I realize that the second rinse also removed soap residue from the cloths. Anyway, what I am saying is that a second rinse is not a waste of water. It is essential to get the soap residue out of the cloths.

No comments: