Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm tired and it's only Sunday

Jamál (Beauty), 11 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Sunday, April 19, 2009 about 2:34 PM Pacific Time

I'm not sure at this point whether the coming week is going to be a good week or a bad week. I thought this morning, when I heard the nightingale sing that it was going to be a good week. However, that was this morning and it's afternoon now.

Mom's had a difficult day and I don't know whether there is anything I can do to make her day better. I want to cry myself, but both of us being unhappy won't solve the problem. I just gave her a medication that's suppose to help he situation, I hope it does. because she has a doctor's appointment in the morning that we can't reschedule.

Mom is scheduled for surgery on April 30 and the appointment tomorrow is the presurgery consultation. Mom's going to have a tear duct unblocked and it has to be done before the cataract surgery on the left eye. The only thing I can do now is to watch what Mom eats very closely and read the labels on the package. I know the problem is caused by something Mom's eating, but neither of us is sure which foods.

One of the foods that cause it is apples. I suspect Mom's been eating some of the cut up apple in the fridge. When I cut an apple up for myself, I'm going to have to make sure I eat it up or put in a container that is difficult to open and make sure Mom doesn't eat any of it. Another cause of the problem is high amounts of dietary fiber and we have several boxes of cereal in the house containing large amounts of dietary fiber. I know Mom hasn't opened any of the boxes, but there is a plastic container hold some of the cereal, so perhaps she eat some of it this morning.

I'll finish the cereal in the plastic container off in the morning, but that doesn't help he problem tonight. All I can do is ask for healing prayers and hope the medication I just give her helps. In the meant time, I suppose I just need to remember the nightingale's song. When I heard him this morning he sounded so carefree and happy.

No comments: