Friday, April 24, 2009

Going to bed early

Istiqlál (Independence), 16 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Friday, April 24, 2009 about 6:25 AM Pacific Time

I've been going to bed early the past few days because of being tired. I think my iron count is down, but I'm not sure. I'll find out Monday when I go to give blood, if the count is too low they won't take my blood. Between now and then I'll increase the foods that contain iron and cut down on the diary products.

Having milk on breakfast cereal is overrated. I prefer yogurt or something else. Perhaps I'll put applesauce on my cereal instead of milk. Since Mom can't eat applesauce we have a lot of it in the house and somebody has to eat it. I know the cereal I eat contains iron. I'll have to read on the applesauce cans to see if it contains iron as well.

I have a tendency toward low iron and I don't like to take iron supplements, so I have to get my iron from the food I eat. I know there are some veggies that are high in iron, but I'm not sure which ones at this point. I'll just have to do a little be of research to find out.

No comments: