Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Slow as molasses in January

Fidál (Grace), 6 Jalál (Glory), 166 BE – Tuesday, April 14, 2009 about 7:38 AM Pacific Time

My Internet connection is slow as molasses in January this morning, which has nothing to do with the reason I haven't made an entry in four days. I'm going to get DSL sometime in 2009, but I'm not sure precisely when that will occur. Therefore I'm going to have to be patient. I think I've written that before, but my patience is wearing a bit thin when it come to the Internet connect.

I've decided against cable modem or wireless, simply because I would have to change Internet providers. I don't like changing providers because of the hassle concerning e-mail accounts and business. The second reason is the cost of DSL versus the other two. DSL is somewhat less expensive and I have other places to put my money at this time.

The advantage to DSL is not tying up the phone line. I have an answering machine that works properly most of the time, so if I don't have time or want to answer the phone I can let the answering machine pick it up. I don't have voice mail through the phone company right now. I just have the basic phone service, which gives me a telephone line and a phone number.

The biggest problem with using a telephone line connection to my provider is the speed of the down loads. I have to wait until night or Sunday to download updates or anything else. I would like a faster download time and the ability to take phone calls when I'm working. No I don't have the ability to make phone calls with my computer.

No comments: