Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Works for me Wednesday: A trip to the Farmer's Market

‘Idál (Justice), 17 Jamál (Beauty), 171 BE - Wednesday, May 15, 2014 about 5:15 pm Pacific Daylight Time

This morning I picked up my senior commodities and went to the Farmer's Market to spend the $18.00 in coupons I had left. The Farmer's Market was in the parking lot of the place I picked up the commodities, so I had to make only one trip. I plan my trips to the grocery stores, library, and gas station so that I have to make only one or two trips in a day. I especially like going to stores that are in the same section of town because I use less gas.

I have not checked everything I received in the commodities, but I do know one of the bags contained a small jar of peanut butter. Now all I have to do, when I go to the grocery store tomorrow, is get some bread so that I can have a peanut butter sandwich. I also need to get some spices and maybe a jar of honey. I have to check to potassium content of honey before I purchase any. It is difficulty enough figuring out what items I can eat and if I have to cut the serving size to make sure the potassium content is on the low side.

Fortunately, I have access to the internet. I can search for the potassium content in foods. I also have two website on my favorites list that I can use to check the potassium content in my food. It takes a while to do this, but if I plan my menu two to four days ahead then I can keep my potassium intake low.This approach to my diet works for me most of the time.

No comments: