Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sundry Sunday: A Beautiful Day to Pray

Jamál (Beauty), 7 Jamál (Beauty), 171 BE - Sunday, May 4, 2014 about 8:18 am Pacific Daylight Time

It is Sunday morning in Las Vegas. The temperature is about 78 degrees and it is supposed to get up to around 9:00 am. The temperature has not gotten into the triple digits yet, but I do have to turn on the cool air between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. It also means I have begun drinking iced coffee instead of hot coffee of a morning or any other time of day.

It is a beautiful Sunday morning in Las Vegas. It is a good morning to pray; to say other prayers besides my normal morning prayer. I opened my prayer book to Detachment. The page that it opened to contained a prayer revealed by The Bab about taking refuge in God and putting your whole trust in Him. I read the prayer aloud and felt the spirit of God flowing from the words into my soul.

It is a beautiful Sunday in May.
It is a good day to pray,
A good day to take refuge in God.

No comments: