Friday, May 16, 2014

Foodie Friday: Leftover Beef Stew

Istiqlál (Independence), 19 Jamál (Beauty), 171 BE - Friday, May 16, 2014 about 11:38 am Pacific Daylight Time

“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
Calvin Trillin 

 I am eating leftover beef stew this weekend. After considering all my options, which was the vegetable I purchased at the Farmer's Market on Wednesday and the canned good in the cabinet, I decided that before going to the grocery store I needed to see what was in the freezer. I found the beef stew I made in April (I think that is when I made it). I had to get the beef stew out of the freezer because I needed the container to store cheese. I think I need to get more storage containers.

When I made the stew I used canned carrots and green beans for the vegetables. However, I did not use stew meat for the beef; I think I used either round steak or flat stake. Since I did not write the recipe down I do not know which one I used. I have to go to Smith's Food & Drug store on Saturday to pick up a prescription, so I will purchase  a package of chicken (which I need to go with  the vegetables) and maybe a box of frozen fish sticks. I do not need any canned good because I have everything in the cabinet I need.

I know I will not get any beef because I have a package of some type of steak in the freezer when I want to make another batch of beef stew. I think that may be all the beef I purchase because I am considering eating only chicken for my meals because I have to cut down on the beef and there is no use having it in the freezer when I do not know when I will use it.

No comments: