Friday, May 30, 2014

Foodie Friday: Apple Chicken

Istiqlál (Independence), 12 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 171 BE - Friday, May 30, 2014 about 11:16 am Pacific Daylight Time

I tried something new this week, I put two chicken thigh a casserole  and then added two cups of apple juice. Next I put the cover on the casserole dish, placed it in the refrigerator, where I let the apple juice marinate the chicken for a couple of days. This morning, I took it out of the fridge, sprinkled some Buffalo hot sauce over the chicken, and then placed it in the microwave for twelve to eighteen minutes. I like the taste that the apple juice gives to the chicken. If you want the chicken browned then place it in a fry pan for a few minutes before putting it in the Microwave.

For my lunch I will warm some of the green beans I have in the refrigerator up in the sauce from the chicken, to see how the apple juice make the green beans taste. I receive apple juice in my senior food allotment every month, so I need to find creative ways to use the juice and cooking with it make using it much easier. I like apple juice, but not every day unless I can find different  ways to cook with it.

I will continue to work on this recipe until I have it perfected. I know that the next time I make it I will have to add more hot sauce. I also my add some celery or some other kind of vegetable besides green beans. I enjoy cooking as long as I can do it  creatively.

No comments: