Monday, May 12, 2014

Meditation Monday: Be Still

Kamál (Perfection), 15 Jamál (Beauty), 171 BE - Monday, May 12, 2014 about 2:25 pm Pacific Standard Time

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalms 46:10 The King James Bible
 
It is beautiful Monday here in Las Vegas. I woke up when the alarm went off this morning and pressed the snooze button because I stayed up later then normal last night. After pressing the snooze button a couple of time I finally got up, took my first morning medication, put the dishes away that I washed last night, and made a carafe of coffee. I could not think of an entry for today's theme, so I did some other work on-line before fixing myself something to eat. After eating, meditating, and I think a short nap, I turned the computer back on to do some more work.

As I was waiting for the computer to boot, the verse from Psalms 46 popped into my mind. The only part of the verse I could remember was "Be still, and know that I am God;" I could not even remember in which book it was located. I found several different translations, but chose the King James because that is the version I prefer to read. Every time I read it, I remember growing up in Blackwell, Oklahoma, and going to Vacation Bible School and memorizing this verse.

Meditation Poem
Breath in
Exhale

Silence surrounds the peaceful mind
Tranquility comforts the lover of God
In stillness and silence my soul
Listens for the music of the spheres
Listens for the whispers of faith



No comments: