Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Calendars and Time

‘Idál (Justice), 12 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 169 B.E. - Wednesday, January 30, 2013 about 8:55 A.M. Pacific Time

February has 28 days this year. If it passes as quickly as January, then on February 27th or 28th, I will feel as if a tornado pass through my life leaving behind a jumble of unfinished task and goal. I have a 2013 Emergency Preparedness wall calendar from the Southern Nevada Health District beside me on my desk. All right, I know I am suppose to hang a wall calendar on the wall, but it does not do me any good hanging on the wall.

If I hang the calendar on the wall by the phone, then I have to go into the breakfast room to look at it. That is too far to walk while I am planning my February schedule. I have to plan specific housecleaning goals for February because I have a lot of stuff to get dispose of before Thursday, February 28. Some of the items I will give away, some I will throw away, and some I will put in storage. I also have to plan time to work online, but I think I will do that at night.

I want to get a few things accomplished in February. I do not want to reach the end of the month and feel as if a tornado struck leaving fragments of unfinished goals scattered in its wake. I know I have physical problems which prevent me from standing up for long periods of time, but that does not mean I am unable to do housework. The housework just takes longer especially when it comes to sweeping and mopping floors.


No comments: