Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom got up without help today

Fidál (Grace), 2 Baha (Splendor), 168 BE – Tuesday, March 22, 2011 about 8:36 AM Pacific Time

Last night was difficult for Mom. She got sick because she took some of her medication without eating. It is also possible she ate too many sweets yesterday. I thought I would have a difficult time getting her up this morning, but she got out of bed without any urging from me.

This morning she got up and came into the living room. I pointed out the bouquet of roses Mom received for her 90th birthday. Then we went back into Mom’s bedroom so she could change cloths. I found a pair of slacks that were too big for her; therefore, she decided to wear a dress.

Despite the fact that Mom had a rough night, she is in a good mood this morning. She took her first three meds without any fuss. I give her the meds after she began eating breakfast. I am watching her closely to see is she is still eating because she has three more tablets to take this morning. Then she has three and one-half tablets for lunch and six more with her evening meal. I hope she takes the rest of the meds easily today.

I have to watch what she eats closely today because there is still some birthday cake leftover. This morning she does not seem interested in the cake, but later today, she may ask for a piece.

No comments: