Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Afternoon in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 12 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 167 BE – Sunday, March 13, 2011 about 3:46 PM Pacific Time

It is Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas. I am sitting at the computer listening to bird song echoing through the house. I have the front and the back doors open with the screen closed. I hear mourning doves cooing and sometimes a nightingale singing. One of the neighborhood dogs is barking, I think at one of the neighborhood cats.

It is a pleasant Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas. I have a full week of writing ahead of me. I have a new faucet in the kitchen, so now I have both hot and cold running water. I can now make coffee without having to wait until the water in a pitcher gets cool enough to put in the coffee maker.

It is a cloudy afternoon in Las Vegas. White and gray clouds hide the blue sky. It is not cold outside and I do not see tree limbs waving in the wind. It is a nice day because the temperature is not too hot or too cold. I turned the heat off in the house a day or so ago and have not turned the cool air on.

It is a nice day in Las Vegas. This morning when I went out to pick up the newspaper, I noticed that the neighbor’s oak tree is turning green. Spring has arrived in Las Vegas.

No comments: