Friday, March 04, 2011

I need more rest

Istiqlál (Independence), 3 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 167 BE – Friday, March 4, 2011 about 5:55 PM Pacific Time

I am not resting well. I do not get enough sleep. I do not sleep in my bed. I sleep on the couch. The reason I sleep on the couch is so that I can hear my mother if she needs me in the middle of the night. If I sleep in my bed, I do not always hear Mom when she calls me, so I sleep on the couch and do not get enough sleep or rest.

I know I am going to have to start getting more rest. I have to figure out a way to get rest and take care of Mom at the same time. I am just not sure how to go about it. The problem is that Mom gets crosswise in bed and then cannot get back into a comfortable sleeping position.

Another problem is she gets up in the middle of the night and will not use her walker. Mom refuses to use the walker, but she needs it for balance. I have to be able to hear when she gets up so that I can check to make sure she is all right. I am seriously considering hospice care for Mom, at least temporarily.

No comments: