Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One tree left in my front yard

Fidál (Grace), 14 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 167 BE – Tuesday, March 15, 2011 about 4:34 PM Pacific Time

I have only one tree left in my front yard. A neighbor had the olive tree cut down yesterday. It is gone and the pigeons are in mourning. The pigeons no longer have a food source in my front yard. I do not think I will miss the pigeons. I can have my car washed without worrying about parking it in my driveway afterwards.

The olive tree is gone. The pigeons are gone. My living room has more light in the afternoon. It is amazing how much brighter my living room is now that the olive tree is gone. Perhaps I will write a poem about the olive tree from a pigeon’s point of view. If I plant any trees in my yard, they will be desert trees. If I plant any type of flora in my front yard, it will be a desert plant.

I took Mom to the doctor yesterday and when we came home, the olive tree was gone. My neighbor asked me on Sunday if he could cut down that tree, I told him yes. I missed the olive tree a bit after I came home, but it was because I had gotten used to seeing it outside. I do not think Mom noticed that the tree was gone.

No comments: