Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Battle of the Walker

My mother does not want to use her walker. However, she needs it to balance herself. This afternoon she had decided that she is not going to bed if she has to use the walker to get to her bedroom. She is sitting on the couch in the breakfast room, so she has decided to lay down on that couch and go to sleep.

I am glad that my computer is in the living room rather then in a separate office. I used to think I wanted a home-office, but now I am glad my computer is in the living room because it is easier to keep an eye on Mom and make sure she uses her walker when she gets up and goes to another part of the house.

My computer is located in a good position. All I have to do is turn around and I can see her in the breakfast room. If Mom is in the living room then it is even easier to keep an eye on her. If Mom gets off the couch then I can go to wherever she is and make sure she uses the walker. I have to be persistent and walk beside or behind her when she goes to another room, but at least I know she is using the walker.

No comments: