Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I took the cats to the Animal Shelter today

Istijlál (Majesty), 16 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 167 BE – Wednesday, March 16, 2011 about 7:25 PM Pacific Time

I took my three remaining cats to the Animal Shelter today. It was a long and difficult decision; however, it was the best thing to do under the circumstances. I could not take care of them and my mother. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease; even with assistance Mom takes a great deal of care.

The Animal Shelter is the best place for Midnight, Prince, and Beauty because they have a chance of adoption into good homes. I suppose I should have made this decision long ago, but I had difficulty admitting I could not do everything. In addition, Mom wanted to keep the cats and I was afraid of her reaction.

Right now, Mom does not realize that Beauty, Midnight, and Prince are not here. I still have the litter boxes to empty, their water dishes and empty food dishes to pick up. I am waiting for Mom to go to bed before emptying the litter boxes. I will empty the litter and take the plastic containers to the garage. Eventually, Mom will realize that we no longer have the cats and I will deal with the situation then.

No comments: