Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It is still raining in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 10 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Tuesday, December 21, 2010 about 9:50 AM Pacific Time

It rained all day yesterday and it is still raining today. It is a gentle rain, but in Las Vegas, a gentle rain can still cause problems. If it rains long enough it will soak the ground and this being a desert will probably cause flooding. According to this morning’s weather e-mail, a record was set on December 20th with 4” of rain recorded at McCarran airport.

In Mesquite, they expect the Virgin River to flood sometime today, while the meteorologist forecast 2 to 4 feet of snow for the mountains above 7,000 feet. Winter has arrived in the desert. Winter has arrived in Las Vegas and more rain is on the way.

I’m not looking forward to driving in the rain, but I have a prescription to pick up at Smith’s Food and Drug store. When I took the prescriptions in last Friday, the pharmacist had to order one of the meds. It was supposed to be in yesterday, but the only prescription I was able to pick up was for my mother. I’ll call to make sure the prescription is in and then go to the pharmacy this afternoon.

No comments: